Wednesday 2 April 2014

Inspiring Each Other

I ended the last post by asking, "What would happen if I printed and posted the children's creations?" I thought, "Would inspiring each other help to sustain the rock project longer?" This is what happened:


My three year old decided that she wanted to try and balance the rocks in the same way that her older sister did.  She looked at the picture, sorted the rocks and began to create.  This is the final product:


My eldest looked at the picture of her last rock creation and said, "Look mom, I'm going to challenge myself!" This is her final product:


"You know how I did this? Careful."
It took her about half an hour to complete this.  This was her 5th attempt.

Other children under my care took up the challenge also.  Seeing their rock balancing attempts photographed and posted for all to see, prompted them to try again.  Here is one impressive result:

"The hardest part is balancing the heavier rock on the smaller rock."

By acknowledging previous attempts through photography and posting the pictures, the children continually came back to this "invitation to create" for another week.



No comments:

Post a Comment